Sunday, December 30, 2007

Closure

Our church had its last formal gathering today. It was a tough and emotional one.

This was our third church. We've moved on twice before leaving the church to the leadership of those who would succeed us. This however was different. It was much harder having the last word & searching for that last word to conclude with.

I hope the time we spent together this morning helped bring us a little further in the direction of closure. Of course I'm sure we will each wake up next Sunday feeling a little empty & displaced as it hits us that our corporate gathering no longer exists as it once did.

I have confidence that God is as much in this now as He was when He opened the door for us to come here three years ago. I have confidence that God has a plan now as He has been working it through the past few years. There have been times in the past 5 years where I had almost rushed God's timing; where with my impatience I was trying to push His hand. Looking back I realize how different things would have turned out if I had gone on emotion & my own personal steam instead of trusting God, even though I didn't know what He was up to.

I still don't fully know what's happening tomorrow. I can feel self doubt creeping in there. I'm looking for logical answers. Despite how I feel - at my core I am confident that God is doing something & right now I'm where I should be.

Love, gratitude & prayers go out to those who have journeyed with us these past three years as part of South Meadows. For some we were your pastors, for others you've gone beyond that to embrace us as friends. Thank you all.

‘May the Lord bless you
and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor
and give you his peace.’
(Numbers 6:24-26 NLT)

No comments: