Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Who could ask for anything more!?

I was waiting in the Doctor's office last week and I was flipping through a magazine. I came across a VISA ad that listed probably 25 things the man pictured in the ad wanted to do before he died - bungee jump, ski in BC, etc. etc. I began thinking to myself - what would I like to do? I couldn't think of anything. I have no list.

I began to wonder - am I boring or dreamless? Why no list?

As I thought on this some more I realized there is truly nothing I want - not because I'm boring or dreamless but because I'm satisfied. I've been to Europe, Bahamas & South America; I've lived in Bermuda; I've lived both inland & on the coast; I've lived in some of the greatest cities & towns in Canada (the rest I've visited); I've been to the greatest city on Earth - NYC & that at the greatest time of the year, Christmas; I've cruised to Mexico; I've attended hockey games at some of the greatest arenas in the game - The Forum & Bell Centre, Maple Leaf Gardens & the ACC, MSG, Mellon Arena, the Saddledome; I've seen Gretzky, Lemieux & Crosby play live; I've met Ron Hextall, Patrick Roy, Joe Sakic, Steve Shutt to name a few; I've seen P.O.D. 3 times, Ozzy, Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, even ZZ Top; I've vacationed with my wife & kids in some of Canada's most picturesque National Parks - Algonquin, Banff, Kootenay, Gros Morne - & the memories we've made in the mountains & on lakes either out in our tent or tent trailer, priceless - SERIOUSLY, the list of blessings goes on & on!

I've been, done, met & experienced everything I've wanted to.

I have the greatest family in my wife & 3 kids and I've got friends in all of the 12 places I've lived to date - with a few close friends to boot.

I really can't think of anything else I'd like to do - God, don't take that as I'm ready to go coz' I ain't yet!

No comments: