Monday, March 03, 2008

Who Cares

Mike made a post about hearing Stephen Lewis & David Suzuki speak in Vancouver this past weekend.

In another post he says:

I'm tired of Stephen Lewis caring more about God's Children than do the People of God.

I'm tired of David Suzuki caring more about God's Creation than do the People of God.

Here was my comment:

I don't think it really matters where the caring comes from as long as there is care. Now ask me is it a shame that those who claim to be believers aren't modeling this care - definitely. I believe that's what God's judgment is reserved for - those who know better & have the means but don't care enough to act.

Here's a little more on my comment:

Instead of getting down on the lack of motivation by Christians to act Christian, why not celebrate the good no matter where or by whom it is expressed or what their beliefs are.

If 11 years of full time ministry have taught me anything it is run where God is moving, even if it means moving away from so called believers who should know better & act better but don't get it. Too much energy & emotion (supposedly all in the name of Jesus) has been expended trying to convince the crowd and they just will not (and likely may never) get it. If God is moving your spirit to some kind of action, I suggest you get on board with what He's doing - no matter its origin.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Well said! I was just saying something similar to a friend recently. Oh and thanks for the link.

Peace,
Jamie
www.missional.blog.com

wcs53 said...

Thanks, Steve, I really needed to read that.