Monday, May 12, 2008

I love my boys!

Jake was telling me about his prayer a couple of nights ago and how he was praying for a family in our community who was going through a tough time as the result of a hit & run DUI that killed a woman. He went on to say that he prayed for the Penguins (his team) to beat the Flyers (my team).

I said, "Jake, do you think God cares about hockey & who wins the cup?"
He said, "No, but I know He cares about me & I care about hockey & who wins the cup."

Geez, I wish I had the faith insight & God capacity that I once had as a kid.

*** *** *** *** ***

Joel & I were heading into the Y to volunteer tonight when he saw a couple of high school kids dressed in football gear heading to or from a game/practice.

Joel said, "When I grow up I'm going to either be a football player, hockey player or a coal miner."
I said, "Joel, do people still coal mine?"
He said, "Oh yeah! They make like one thousand seven hundred dollars a year!

I'm not sure which book & from which era he had taken his research but to him it seems like a good paying job!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your kids are so awesome! We miss you guys so much...