Wednesday, July 09, 2008

These are the days I know I know I know...

Constantly thinking, continuously processing, wondering, waiting - always growing not knowing but living by trust - hoping

I love watching the stampede (mostly the bucking horses and kicking bulls). I cheer for the horses and bulls to buck the crap out of the riders and toss them off before the horn. I love it!

I can feel my father in me. I feel like him from time to time like he's the one speaking, not me even though I hear myself saying the words. I feel like his mannerisms are coming through me even though I'm the one moving. It's really weird.

My church closed 6 months ago. Some relationships I thought were gone have resolidified themselves. Some friends I thought were friends have proven not so. I'm at a good place - settled & satisfied with what was & is.

I've been feeling my way through continuous life change as a result of an ongoing shift in my thinking. I'm certain I will not lead nor be a member of an organized church again in my life. It's not where my heart or head are.

I've been working at Starbucks for the last 4 months on a part time basis. Among the benefits of being in my community, working alongside my neighbours and making new friends - it further gets me thinking on paid 'professional' clergy & the priesthood of all believers.

I look at & play with my kids sometimes thinking and feeling like a kid myself. Do we ever really grow up or do our body's just change & get bigger? Sometimes it seems like the latter.

2 comments:

Mike Todd said...

You rock, buddy. Looking forward to connecting in September.

Steve said...

Thanks Mike - can't wait to spend some time together in Sept!