Thursday, December 04, 2008

Alive

I was reading Jim's blog the other day & he asked the following question:

When is it that you feel most alive-most free, most at peace, most connected, most content, most alive? Please don’t look upon your answer with judgment. It doesn’t have to be any sort of “religious” or “spiritual” answer. Describe a recent moment or experience when you truly felt alive. You don’t even have to understand why it is these deep feelings were stimulated within you. Don’t analyze it. Just tell when you felt it deep inside.

This week there have been several moments:
  • watching from the bench & getting to coach Joel at his game this week - I usually coach the defense but this time I was with the forwards
  • coloring Xmas pics & decorating sugar cookies with Leslie & the kids
  • chatting with Leslie while she made spicy peanut brittle
  • spending some time at my kid's bedside tucking them in - rustling my fingers in their hair & kissing their forehead
  • having dinner with my friends, watching our kids play and sharing advent together
  • a good cup of coffee

God is in those moments - more than feeling it, I know it deep in my heart & it brings me great joy & contentment.

And you... ..when do you feel most alive?

No comments: