Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another year older

I got older this week. Leslie & the kids gave me Brian Welch's book - I'm super stoked to start it! My good buddy gave me a Flyers flag for the van (even though he's a die hard Canucks fan)!

Joel is in the middle of a hockey tourney where they are 2 & 1. They've won the last two games with Joel scoring in both of them! Final game on Saturday.

I read three books this month: Prince Caspian, A Heretics Guide to Eternity & Hitman

All three books are great. I especially enjoyed Bret Hart's book, an incredible story telling of his life. If you grew up watching wrestling, this book takes you into the real life of a real champion. Context, politics, the Hart family legacy & influence and the huge part that Calgary & Canada plays into the evolution of wrestling.

I saw three good movies: Bee Movie, Michael Clayton & 3:10 to Yuma

I hadn't seen a good western in a long, long time - 3:10 to Yuma more than made up for the hiatus.

I met with my Spiritual director and I have good feelings & am excited about getting closer to God through this experience.

After spending a week sick Leslie & I (with a little help from our friends) managed to clear out of our space at the community center where our church had been meeting. Mixed emotions.

I'm looking forward to February!

No comments: