Sunday, May 04, 2008

From a Distance

Life is full but God seems far. He says He's not but I'm not feelin' Him.

I tried to have a conversation with Him about it this morning but, as so often, He didn't say anything.

I spoke at a friend's church in Cochrane this morning so I had 45 minutes each way to hear from "Abba". Nothin'.

How much time does He need!?!

Like the mind of one who's grown up in the church, my mind told me that I need to read my Bible to hear...right.

Shouldn't the God who creatively spoke the galaxy & the mosquito into existence be creative enough to speak to me without me doing the work of looking into a book that sometimes comes across as repetitive, stale and uncomprehendable!?!

I'm at a loss for words - I wish He had some.

2 comments:

Mike Todd said...

I've been there man... the silence can be deafening.

Been trying to track you down. Flip me a note with your best email address.

Peace.

Amanda said...

Know that the Robinsons are praying for you!