Saturday, May 03, 2008

Post #150

Had dinner with Darrell, our friend from the Halifax/Dartmouth days on Wednesday night. It was great to catch up. We hadn't spent time together since 1999 when he came to visit in Bermuda.

Found out on Thursday that a girl I work with is getting married by a mutual good friend who will be visiting Calgary on the May long weekend to do the wedding!

Thursday night Berkley & I met up with a new friend, Eric as we moshed it up at the As I Lay Dying show. August Burns Red also played and kicked ace. The venue was small & tight - Berk & I threw a few guys up to crowd surf - it was a good time!

Came home Thursday night & had a short visit with Karen, another visiting friend before Leslie left @ 1 a.m. to take her back to her hotel for an early morning flight. I got to sleep at 1:30 a.m. and got up three hours later for an opening shift.

Friday I carried burdened thoughts over a friend in ministry. I fear there are those in pivotal positions of leadership within my denomination that are concerned more with the brand & distinctives of the denomination than they are with Jesus & His non-conformist creativity. I'm not puzzled and questioning why youth are leaving our denomination - I think it's obvious. More to follow... ..

Friday night hockey with Joel...Saturday morning Soccer with Jake...Saturday evening hockey with Joel...THE FLYERS KICKED MONTREAL'S ASS & OUSTED THEM FROM THE PLAYOFFS - BOOYA!!!

Winding down with a wee post..

1 comment:

wcs53 said...

I hear you on the 'brand' thing - it really makes me want to puke