Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life With God

Leslie & I were having a conversation last night about the closeness of God's presence.

One of the things that I got out of The Shack was the reminder of how close & ever/always present God is.

I don't believe the right question is "Where is God?" or the adequate complaint "God is not close."

Don't read too much into this, I'm speaking about myself. God knows (truly) that I've asked that question and had that complaint more often than I care to recollect.

Here's the thought: What if the truth is that God is always close to me (Emmanuel) and the real question is 'Am I willing to be close to Him?'

I'm not referring to working up the feeling of God's presence through some religious contribution of my own. No amount of religious ritual or practice can replace the freedom & contentment of living in the truth of God's presence. Sometimes we have to take His word at illogical face value.

No comments: